Maple City Health Care Center works to foster healthy community in our neighborhoods by providing and promoting affordable, accessible, and integrated quality care. Everyone deserves healthcare, yet people face many barriers to accessing the care they need. Maple City’s Healthcare Navigator empowers, educates, and advocates for people to increase individual and community health. The position includes walking with people through the process of applying for and maintaining Medicaid or Marketplace coverage. Additionally Healthcare Navigators carry out Maple City’s mission of making services available to all of our patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
The Referrals Specialist supports the mission and values of Maple City Health Care Center (MCHCC) by being a communication link for patients between MCHCC and specialty providers and by processing referrals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes referrals
- Utilizes multiple resources for staff communication
- Communicates with insurance companies and completes pre-authorization process
- Maintains accurate records and data
- Schedules outside appointments and communicates appointment information to patients, as needed
- Verifies and processes completion of referrals
- Maintains a list of specialists who offer sliding fee scales, bilingual services, etc.
- Other duties that support our shared work, as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Bilingual: Spanish/English required
- Effective interpersonal skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to perform prolonged periods of time in front of a computer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this work
- We are required by federal law to verify identity and eligibility to work in U.S.