The Medical Interpreter/Translator is a member of the Interpreter team. The Medical Interpreter/Translator supports the mission and values of Maple City Health Care Center (MCHCC) by assisting staff and patients in communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist staff in communicating with patients who prefer to communicate in Spanish, in person, over-the-phone, and via video in a variety of settings (individual and group settings).
- Participate in a cross-disciplinary care team; treat clients and team members with care and respect.
- Complete translations for Maple City Health Care Center materials as needed.
- Other tasks as they support language services and our shared work at Maple City Health Care Center, as assigned.
- Native mastery of English/Spanish oral, aural, and written.
- Although Medical Interpreter National Board Certification and/or other certificates/studies in interpreting and translation from reputable organizations are strongly preferred, if skills are sufficient, certification will not be required upon hire. Interpreters who have not completed a 40-hour minimum interpreter course will be encouraged to complete coursework within their first two years at Maple City Health Care Center.
- Attention to detail, strong time management skills, ability to self-organize and self-monitor.
- Openness to work with interpreter team to learn together and work towards improved systems and skills.
- Work hours: typically 35-40 hours a week.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Travel allowance for work-related activity as budgeted.
The Interpreter Coordinator supervises the Medical Interpreter/Translator with administrative oversight by the Vista Clinical Care Coordinator. Details of review processes are outlined in the employment agreement and in the Employee Handbook.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary is determined according to the Employee Salary and Wage Protocol, based on a range of factors including education, experience, responsibility, and language proficiency. The Medical Interpreter/Translator will receive comprehensive employee benefits package, based on FTE.
How to apply
Send resume to email@example.com